Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So Much To Do....So Little Time.

It's midday, my 7 month old baby has finally given in to sleep and having a nap.  Might last 10 minutes or I may get an hour of blissful quiet and precious freedom.  I'm half dressed.  That is, I've managed clean underwear and a pair of jeans but still wearing the t-shirt I slept in which has now been decorated by my baby with some sort of unidentifiable foodstuff.  Time ticks by, slowly.
I've found the lonliness such a shock.  Yes, you go places, see people and have plenty to fill the days with but motherhood seems very isolating.  Lack of sleep and the need to constantly devote your attention to being a mum is relentless.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or unhappy in any way and I'll soldier on as usual but it's still hard.
My partner has returned to work after 2 weeks off and I'm still trying to catch up with myself not realising how much easier it is with two people.
Tomato soup is calling my name and my tummy is responding with a low growl.  It's little wonder I've lost 2 stone in the last 3 months!
I am here, just need to get my blogging groove back again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment