Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday.

Following Tami's WIP Wednesday posts, I thought I would post a photo of the aforementioned blanket that I'm making for one of my sisters.  I'm so much quicker at crochet than knitting but it's still taking me forever...perhaps the 11 week old baby has something to do with that!

Project so far:




Each square section is about 30cm across and I'm joining them as I go rather than sewing together at the end...it's so much neater.  I'll do 4 x 6 squares I think then finish with a border all the way round the outside...probably just in black as it frames it really well.  I know how lonely it can be heading off to Uni so I thought this would cheer up my sister and remind her of me if she's a wee bit sad!

Bubba randomly had a monster sleep last night from 8pm until 8am, only waking once at 4.30am for a feed.  Muchos sleep a happy mummy doth make!
Here is the nutter bashing his baby gym animals (age 10 weeks):
Well, am now sat here with a dilema.  Part of we wants to get moving and go out for a walk, the lazy side of me just wants to laze about today......m..u..s..t......g..e...t.....m..o....v..i.n....g!!

9 comments:

  1. aww that blanket is really pretty - i'm sure your sister will love it!!! aww little bubba is gorgeous. enjoy your walk!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cute. The blanket is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you can even think about crafting with an 11 week old baby! I definitely agree with seaming as you go (but then, I hate that part : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :)
    I managed to get out for a nice long walk..need to shift this baby weight (chocolate weight more like)!
    It's slow progress on the blanket but I have until September :)

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors of your blanket squares. Cute baby picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors, they bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby has the sweetest face! I'm glad he is feeling better & that you got a good rest. Nice job on your sister's blanket -- those are cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing the video. I love the colors with the blanket. They're so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your granny blanket. Your baby is adorable

    ReplyDelete