Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Knit Granny, Knit!

As you may know from previous posts, my mum happens to be an uber-knitter.  In preparation for my son arriving she has been knit-knitting like crazy and sends amusing photos of completed items being modelled by various stuffed toys!
I received photos of the most recent creation this morning - a stripey cagligan (my gorgeous niece's word for cardigan...I much prefer it) which is in the post as we speak.


As a sort of tribute to my mum I'm also going to repost some of her other amazing creations which I simply can't wait to see my son in this winter.

Here is monkey wearing the purple knitted hoodie, (also cleverly lined with a stretchy cotton sheet material so it doesn't feel itchy when worn):


And monkey again wearing the amazing fair isle one:


And last, but by no means least, the utterly amazing hand-knitted baby shawl:



Thanks mum, I love you fifty twelve xxxxx


1 comment:

  1. Now I see where you get you're creativity from (and also that you're having a boy, congrats!)How cute are your mum's pictures?! Gorgeous knits he will be one well dressed baby boy x

    ReplyDelete